-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our First Class

Well, I suppose some of you might be interested in hearing how our first Foster Parenting Class went.

I guess it went something like this.

Instructor's job:

Try to weed out the weak ones by telling us horror stories.

Try to weed out the ones only in it for the money.

After that inform us that half of us won't show up next week.

Try to encourage those of us that are still willing to show up next week to understand it is a hard but very needed position.

Explains forms we need to fill out.  Tests that need to be done, ect.

Sends us on our merry way.


What surprised me:

How many people were there.

How few white people were there.

How, after going thru it the paper work didn't seem too bad.

How quick this could all go.


Favorite part of the night:

Seeing Ben more determined than ever that this is the right thing for us to do.

My feelings by the end of the night:

That we are doing EXACTLY what we are supposed to be doing.

13 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

That is great!!! I am glad you guys are in the right place...The place God wants you to be!!! Love ya

spng7 said...

Did you feel His hand holding yours, or a whisper in your ear ?

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I'm glad you know that this is where you are suppose to be. I guess you had to expect them to weed people out because it won't be easy.

Leah Wentzel said...

Honestly Grandma, I just felt at peace...like we were right where we were supposed to be and that we don't have to be afraid of "the worst".
Not that is isn't going to happen, just that if it does it will some how be OK.

Alyssa said...

That is what I have heard they do. I am glad they do it that way. We know you guys are doing exactly what God wants to. There is no other way! I am glad you both still have that peace.
God has a BIG plan for you all. We are proud to call you our family! Having faith like this is hard, and we love you all so much!

Lindsey said...

That is so cool!

Lindsey said...

Shoot... I still need to talk to Ryan about that song...sorry Leah.

cindy said...

I love what your Grandma wrote, because that is what happens when you follow GOD! Good job Grandma. We were so excited to see you after the class and we are happy for you.
Love you,
Mom
PS I think I will be doing the corn tomorrow if you want to do some.

Lindsay said...

That is awesome Leah!

Ben said...

We really appreciate everyone being so possitive about our decision to do this. It really helps! So many people try to talk you out of it because they "have heard it is so tough". :) You guys are awesome!!! Love you guys!

Leah Wentzel said...

awe ... ben :)

gram said...

I love all of you so much. I know God is guiding you and Ben to make the right decisions.

Rebekah said...

Crazy that they were so blunt about the process! I guess it's better to dissuade than persuade, in this instance! The system needs you. I'm so excited to see where this takes your family!