-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What happens when you ask God and He answers...

July 9, 2008

 

Yesterday Ally called me and asked if I wanted to go with her to the Family Alternatives Facility because she had to drop off some paper work.  Of course I answered YES!  So, today Kobe and I met Ally at her house (which is about 3 minutes from our house) and we went to Alternatives, which is right on the way to Kobe’s school from our house!  At least this will be semi convenient Praise the Lord!  I signed up for the classes today for Ben and I and what a huge blessing that was.  Their classes are on Wednesday nights for 4 weeks!  This will work out well with Ben’s schedule and give us a little extra family tine for the month of August.  How perfect.  Praise God for the help!

Today as we walked out of the building Kobe was walking out singing “We’re going to be Foster Parents – We’re going to be Foster Parents…”  So adorable J

 

They also gave me all the paper work that needs to be filled out so I could get a head start on it.  Awesome.  I am SO excited!!!!

 

 

 

 

July 14, 2008

 

Wow, I can’t believe it is already July 14, 2008.  We had Amanda’s 2nd Baby Shower yesterday and that was fun.  There have been a couple things I have been thinking about lately when it comes to foster care-adoption vs having your own kids.

 

1.     I may never name another child again.

 

And that kinda stinks because I had come up with a girl’s name and a boy’s name I wanted to use.  I had decided I wanted 2 boys and a girl and that worked out so perfectly in my mind.  It will be interesting to see what happens J

 

2.    Baby Showers and foster care don’t go together.

 

 

You know, I NEVER had a baby shower.  Someone decided to come 3 weeks early and messed up those plans J

And as for foster care, it is so long before you know for sure if your child is really yours for good it would be weird (and heart breaking) to have a baby shower and then have the baby go home to someone else.

No more baby showers for me.

 

3.    One thing foster care and pregnancies do have in common is people saying rude things to you.

 

 

Amanda was telling me about the insensitive things people had said to her about her having kids so close together, how hard it would be, ect. And I can relate to that.  Recently I ran into an old friends parents and told them about our plans to Foster Parent and she went on to tell me about her friend’s horror story with Foster Parenting.  I know in a way they feel like they “need to worn me” but it puts me in a weird place because God told us to do it-so what choice do I have?  There is no reason to be worried or scared about it because it is what we are supposed to do.  End of story.

 

 

2 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Thanks Leah! Love to read your thoughts.
When Dave and I bought our motorcycles, I can't tell you how many horror stories we heard about peoples friends that got into accidents. I know people mean well and want us to be safe but...

Lindsay said...

I love reading your posts! Thanks for sharing them! :)