-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our last class...

...was this past Wednesday and I am excited to be done!

Mainly what we went over was money stuff.  What you get paid-what the state will send you for other things, ect.   Not very interesting, but good to know.

I ended up sitting next to a girl - probably pretty close in age to myself - who used to be a foster child.  I believe she actually turned 18 in foster care.  She was there with her past Foster Mom going thru the class so she too could become a foster parent.  I thought that was pretty neat.

Ideally you would have ALL your paper work done by the last class...we had ALMOST all of it done...we still have to go get those stupid TB tests...but it takes a while for the finger printing to come back so I think if we have our TB tests done in the next couple weeks we will not be holding anything up.

After they get our finger printing back they will schedule a home study date for us.  On Wednesday we were told that two weeks ago the state changed all the guide lines of what needs to be addressed during a home study so instead of having a 2 hour meeting our "teacher" informed us it will be more like a 4 hour meeting and instead of having to write up a 11 page home study (her job-not ours) it will be more like 22 pages.  Sounds like fun, huh?

So, that is where we are and what we have going on.  We are going to hurry up so the waiting can begin.

In the mean time I will be re painting a lot.  I have gotten it in my head that our master bedroom, the living room and the "new kid's" room all need to be re painted and re decorated.  I am pretty excited to start all of that. :)

I hope all of you have a great Labour Day Weekend, and we will see most of you soon!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

How great it must feel to be almost done with the preliminary work. I am so glad for you guys. Have fun redecorating too. Wish I was there to help you:).

Have a great weekend too. Love you guys!

gram said...

I am looking forward to seeing all of you (that live in MI) on Sunday. I so enjoyed seeing you girls at the hospital. I am so glad the classes are over and it will come quickly when you have your new children with you whether they are temporary or permanent will depend on what God has planned for you. Time will tell. It is exciting!!

Lindsay said...

We are Praying for Bobbie! Let us know if there is anything we can do!

the johnson crew said...

that is really exciting leah, yep, hurry up and wait!

have fun re-decorating. sounds like fun to get the "new kids" room all set up... what age group are you applying for and how many are you being liscensed for?