-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

What happens when you ask God and HE answers

I ended up having to skip from July 12th to July 23rd.  The entries between these dates were just too personal to post on the internet.  I also edited the post below to exclude certain things.  If it seems choppy that is why.



July 23, 2006

Today I received the info from the state on “How to become a Foster Parent”.

It looks like step one is 24 hours of training.  Oh my!  They sent us a list of dates and times that they have classes and it looks like the end of July they have a 4 day marathon training class and that is probably be what we do…we shall see.

 


June 26, 2008

 

I REGISTERED FOR THE TRAINING CLASS THIS MORNING!!!

 

I am pretty excited about that.  There is no cost-which is kinda nice.

It was nice to call and NOT get a recording and actually speak with Barbara McLemore.  She is the foster care recruiter for Genesee County.

 

We are all signed up!  I am so excited!

 

 

June 27, 2008

 

Last night Ben and I talked, I made sure he wanted to do the classes and he said yes, he didn’t want to put it off, "We need to get things going because this is what we are going to do."  he said.  Can I tell you how much I LOVE this man!  The more I see God changing his heart and Ben following God’s leading it makes me fall in love with him even more.

Ben always in the past wanted NOTHING to do with any type of adoption in which the parents would perhaps even meet us and his worst fear was having a child taken from us and given back to the parents.  And now here he is following God and giving all those fears over to God in order to do what God is asking.

It is so beautiful.

 

5 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Leah, I love reading your posts about fostering. It takes special people to do this. We actually have friends that have adopted 4 of their foster kids.

Lindsay said...

I love reading about all the differnt steps they you have to make and all the ways God changes your heart! It awesome!

Alyssa said...

That is beautiful! God does great things!!!! He changes us from the inside out. How awesome! Love you guys! We are continuing to pray for you all in this big change in your lives.

cindy said...

I and Dad are so proud of you and Ben and how you are sensitive to GOD's leading. It is amazing how He changes us to his will if we are seaking Him. I so enjoyed our time together Sunday, you are a special lady and PERFECT for Ben.
Love you,
Mom

gram said...

I also enjoy reading about you guys doing Foster Care and perhaps adopting. They will be coming into an awesome family.