-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What happens when you ask God and HE answers

Today I have our second Class :)


June 30, 2008

 

Yesterday Ben and I told his family about our taking classes next month to become foster parents.  It is nice to actually say it outside of our home.

 

 

July 3, 2008

 

Last night at youth group I talked to Ally.   I total her about Ben and I wanting to become foster parents after we talked about Tyler for a little while (her foster/hoping to adopt child).

She was SO excited for us and said that we need to go thru the place she did because it is so fast and there are a lot of young kids/babies that come thru there.  She mentioned that the class you need to take can be one day a week which would be so much easier on us that taking a whole week off to do it.

I am really excited, I hope this is exactly what needs to happen to speed things along!

 

 

July 8, 2008

 

Well, I called Ally last week and missed her.  I am supposed to go to the beach with her this Thursday but I need to call her before that to get the number for  that place.  I haven’t canceled our other classes we signed up for yet because I want to talk to someone first.

I hope so much that things work out the way Ally has explained them.  It just sounds so much better than going thru the state!

 

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I hope you have a great day, and a good round of second classes. Does Ben go with you today?
I just read what you wrote about the other couple on the side of your blog. How sad. I really don't handle hearing that stuff very well. Yes, there are so many kids here that need our help. And I am glad it is made tough to do so, and they are strict about checking backgrounds etc.

Love you guys!

Leah Wentzel said...

Ben does not have to go to the rest of this month's classes. After we are licensed we have to both go to a 9 week (one time a week) class called PRIDE. We have to do that within the first 6 months of being licensed.


I too do not handle stories like that very well. It is hard to hear the worst of things in front of a bunch of strangers and not cry. I had to choke tear back a couple times that first class.

Every day I pray for "our kids"...where ever they are. Asking God to protect them in ways that no one else can right now.

Alyssa said...

Gotcha!

Yes, my prayers are the same for your kids right now too. We will see how Awesome our God is through this situation for sure.

Love you, Leah!