-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

What Happens When You Ask God and he Answers


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com


We have news :)  As you saw on Monday we had a great family day, it was so nice that Ben could take the day off of work to spend Kobe's first officially day of Summer with us at the zoo.  As we laid in bed that evening the last thing I said to Ben before I fell asleep was, "I'm ready for our kids to come now."  I truly was convinced that we would get a phone call the next day from our agency.
And we did.

Tuesday afternoon Shannon called me and said they had a 2 year old girl that was in one of their foster homes that they would like to move to a different foster home.  They told me she was caucasian and and that her dad was out of the story but her mom was doing very well, working the case plan and that she was expected to return to her mom in a few months.  Then they asked me if I would be interested in taking her.

Without hesitation I said yes, we would.  After that Shannon said she would have the little girl's social worker call me.  Not too long after this phone call I received a phone call from her social worker.  He told me that since we said yes that yes, she would be coming to live with us.  He asked me if I would be willing to meet her, Savannah, at the next visit she had with her biological mom at the agency.  He asked me to come a half hour early so I could chat with her current foster mom and spend some time with her.  Of course I agreed.  He then told me he would call me back when he knew what time/day the visit would be.

Of course I was pretty excited and called Ben to tell him what I had heard.  Considering the way I have seen things fall through concerning foster care we decided that, until things were final we didn't want to tell anyone.  I am not good at dealing with disappointment, especially publicly, so for me it is easier to wait to see what happens.

Wednesday came and went without any phone call, did I mention that the social worker told me he would call me back before 5 pm on Tuesday?  :)

Thursday I called over to the office just to see what was going on, I later received a phone call from her social worker letting me know the time of the visit.  He also mentioned that he had been in a meeting all morning concerning this case and that yes, during a group sit down everyone agreed that she would be moved to our home.  Interesting that he told me on Tuesday that she was for sure coming to our house and then I find out that there was a whole other meeting that had to take place in order to seal the deal.  I am not trying to bash on the social worker, I just honestly am finding it interesting to see how these things really work.  So, regardless, it was official, we had a little two year old girl coming to our house!

Over the next 24 hours our lives seemed like a movie with a very crappy plot.  Satan has apparently been stirred up by what is going on and he decided to make what should have been an exciting time very hard.  Within the next 24 hours Ben and I had to deal with situations that were filled with anger, frustration, hurt, shock and every other emotion we had to offer as well.  As we went through that long, horrible day we did have the peace of God to get us through.  We know we can trust our situation(s) to HIM and that is what we chose to do.  Period.

So, we went to bed exhausted, the night before I was supposed to go meet this little person that I have prayed for without knowing what she even looked like for months now.  What should have been an exciting even had turned to crap.  Trust me, there is no better way to put it.  So, I fell asleep with out giving the next day's events much thought.

And then I woke up and it was time to go meet my first foster child.

To be continued....

7 comments:

cindy said...

You are right GOD has a plan but we need to be wise and realize that the devil has a plan too. GOD's is to amaze us with his love and grace and the devil's is to trip, seek and destroy. I thank GOD that greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world.
YOU amaze me too, what a blessing you are and all my children.
Love you bunches,
Mom

Alyssa said...

I like how mom put it. TRUTH! WE are so excited for you all in this next step for your family! How wonderful:)

We love you and are praying!

Rebekah said...

WOW! I felt a hundred different things for this post. Since I don't know the details, I'm just going to be thankful for YOU and BEN. That you're letting the Holy Spirit guide you and that you've opened your hearts and your home to those that so desperately need you.

Me and my Ben are standing with you and praying.

gram said...

Well, I am excited to meet this little girl and she is so fortunate to be coming and living with such a loving family.

Becca B. said...

I am so thrilled for you guys, Satan will do his best to get in the middle of this God centered endeavor, trust in the Lord, He will sustain you through all. I can't wait to hear more about all that is going on with you guys. Please post updates (even short blurbs) often!

Always Faith said...

sorry about the troubles but awesome that things are progressing! keep us updated! =)

Michelle said...

Oh how I understand