-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Baby Shower & the Splash Pad - Our Sunday

Sunday afternoon I threw a baby shower for my cousin Lauren who has a 5 year old little boy & is now pregnant with a little girl!  Ella Faith should be here sometime in August so we wanted to celebrate and have an excuse to buy cute baby girl clothes!  On this side of my family the last "baby girl" to join the family was my cousin Kasi who is now near if not 20 years old and has a little boy of her own.  I guess you could say S is the most recent girly addition to all the great grand kids (5 boys and counting) but she is as of right now not a permanent addition so Ella Faith will be the first Great Granddaughter to my Grandparents and we are all very excited!

Here is the cake I made, to which Ben said to me, "Who do you think you are?  Emeril?"  I guess it must have looked good :)  This is such a cheat cake, so easy to make.  I just used a devil's food cake cake mix and cool whip.  It comes in chocolate too so that is what is in the middle with fresh strawberries and some regular cool whip on top.  Easy!
Unfortunately these are the only pictures I got of the shower because my husband was nice enough to take the boys, Kobe & Michael along with Big Dave & Little Dave, to the splash park during the shower and he took the camera with him!  I will just have to get some pictures from the other people who had cameras there!

And here are the kids at the splash park.  They had a great time!









6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your cake does look good:)! That Splash park looks great too! Is that free to take the kids to? We need one of those here. There is a great water park, but it costs, and there is a cute little one downtown that we can go to for free. We need to go there again.
Fun! Cute pictures:)

CALAMITY JANE said...

that cake looks GOOD! wow :)

Leah Wentzel said...

it costs $2 for the kids, free for us to watch them. it is so fun. luckily it is REALLY close to our house! that is why we are there so much :)

Rebekah said...

Awesome cake!!!!

gram said...

Wow you did a great job on the cake. Glad you were able to do a shower for your cousin.

Lauren said...

That cake was amazing!!! Thank you so much for the shower! Love you!