-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

CVS - the addiction

OK, fortunately for my wallet (but unfortunately for my spare time) I have stumbled upon the "CVS Game" quite a few ladies on the internet are OBSESSED with.  And I think I have been recruited.  I decided it was time for me to "figure out this coupon thing" because I had a feeling I was missing out on saving money and lately it has been bugging me.  Well, I think I have figured out a plan that will work for me.  See the picture above?  I got ALL of that stuff for $3.18.

Doesn't make sense does it :)
I have been majorly blog hopping.  There are so many blogs out there that outline when where and how to get these great deals!  Like this weekend...I found out Old Navy was having a $1 sandal sale (from a blog) and went there and picked up 2 pairs for Kobe, one for this year and one for next.  Then I had a coupon for a free anti bacterial product with any purchase (printable coupon I found on a blog) and I picked up a $1 item and got the anti bacterial one free.  As for the rest of the stuff you see on the table that was from CVS.  CVS had sales where they give you back Extra Care Bucks after you buy something.  It is a weird little game these ladies play between sales, coupons and Extra Care Bucks, but it really does go in your favor.  EVERYTHING I bought had Extra Care Bucks assigned to them that paid for the whole item.  I walked out of the store with all of that for free.

Anyway,

Check out http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/ if you want to see the puzzle that is this crazy game.

Today I am going to Walgreens and CVS to pick up more stuff and between coupons, sales, Extra Care Bucks and my brain we will see how much I get for how much $.

I am going to have to try my best to not let this take over my blog though because even though it is interesting , it isn't what I want my blog to be all about!

4 comments:

gram said...

I love using coupons to save money. I always use CVS savings. It is always so much fun to get a bargain.

Vicki Aeschliman said...

sounds like a lot of work. I think I will keep shopping from my computerdpaesch@yahoo.com

Shelly Marie said...

That is awesome!!! I love doing stuff like that!! It does almost become an addiction to see how much money you can save!!!! Here is a another website you can check out. It is for online stuff, but still pretty good and fun to look at!!! Good luck
http://www.couponwinner.com/

Shelly Marie said...

Here is another website!!!

http://www.coolsavings.com