-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

VBS at The Point

This week (Mon-Wed) was VBS at our church.  Kobe has so much fun and I had so much fun helping!  The first night they had special guests Shaggy & Scooby-Doo.  Don't you just love the Mystery Machine in the back ground?  So cute :)
The kids had contests, crafts, games, a message, a puppet show and lots of other fun stuff each night.  The church always out does themselves and really spoils the kids.
On Tuesday night Pastor Jason asked if there were any kids that wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts and Eileen and I had 3 little girls want to pray with us and ask Jesus into their hearts!  So precious.
I was talking to Cindy about that and mentioned how at 5 years old (give or take) it is hard for me to really know if the kids understand thing well enough to be "saved".  But I would have to say from my own experience I think they do.  When I was 4 or 5 I remember asking Jesus into my heart so I would go to heaven and even though I rebelled until I committed to being a Christian when I was 15, I think that God was always chasing me down because I was already HIS from the time I was 4 or 5.  I think it starts a path in a child's life that will have God marked on it I guess.  And, what it boils down to is Would the go to heaven if they die today?  I think the answer is definitely YES!

0 comments: