-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Now that I know what is going on...

...I can share :)

Yesterday I got a call, from our agency, asking me if we would be interested in a 1 mo. old baby baby.  He is still in the hospital, he was born addicted to drugs and is being weened off them using some very strong meds.  At the time of the call I was told, besides the obvious, he was healthy, was 8 lbs when he was born, was doing well eating and things like that.  The worker also told me the baby has other siblings that are in care that have had their cases moved from "reunification" to "termination of parental rights".  With that being said, it looks like the baby may become adoptable.

So, knowing only these facts, I said yes.  We would do it.  I asked when the baby was going to be released from the hospital and he didn't know yet.  That was the last I heard yesterday.

Now that we have done this a few times I noticed a HUGE different in how excited I was about this.  I was interested but not too invested because the likelihood of getting babies isn't really high and I just decided to not worry about it.  I told Ben about it and we decided to see what happens.  Last night I prayed about it quite a bit, and I later found out Ben did this morning on his way to work.

Just a few minutes ago I got a call from the worker.  The baby has tested positive for Hepatitis C.  That was basically what he called me to tell me.  The first thing out of my mouth was, "I have other kids in my house, maybe if I didn't..."  and the worker totally understood.  I'm not there yet.  I can't do that with Kobe here.  Even if the chance is small I refuse to take it if I know about it.  Someday I may get a child that has it and we don't know about it and I will leave that up to God-but I really felt like the answer had to be no.  And, I was a little relieved it was.

8 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

I agree with you Leah!! Kobe is your #1 and you have to protect him. I am sure it was hard to say "no", but you did the right thing!! =) You and Ben both prayed hard about it and God answered your prayer. We continue to pray with you guys. Love ya.


Oh, on a different note:
I need to get my carpet cleaner from you...because Brooklyn is sick and just puked all over my floor....
I took her to the dr today and they are not sure what is up with her. I feel so bad for her because all she wants to do is lay down and watch tv. So not Brooklyn!! She is now asleep and I hope she wakes up feeling a little better!!

Alyssa said...

Wow! How sad. You made the right decision for sure, but oh, so hard I am sure. You having a peace about it is great! We will be continuing to pray for you all.

Love you!

Becca B. said...

I agree with your decision fully, the children God has already entrusted to you have to be your first priority, thier health and safety if paramount. SO, how many placements are you guys willing to take at a time? I guess I assumed is was only one at a time, since you all only have S currently...but I guess its just because she is the only one who has come to you as of now!

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I'm with the others. You will now when it is right.

spng7 said...

You're a Mom and Mom's have to protect their kids. God led you to the right decision. Don't give it another thought. Love you.

StarfishMom said...

I was a bit jealous until I saw why you had to say no. Kobe is your 1st priority. God's timing...

gram said...

Good decision God led you to make!

Lindsay said...

Crazy! I feel so bad for that baby, it really is sad! You guys made the right choice though!