-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Crafting-The way to make a mess with a purpose

Sometimes I don't know what I was thinking after I start something.  I saw this really cool looking bowl in a "Good Housekeeping" Magazine and then I saw it was just a craft project someone had come up with so I got it in my head that I needed to try this out with Kobe.

You take Elmer's glue and yarn... 
...and pour the glue into a dish (you will be soaking pieces of yard in it)...
...then you get one bright eyed child who likes to play in glue to help you...
...next you wrap bowls (upside down) in plastic wrap, wax paper, whatever you have...

...and then you let the bright eyed child dip yarn in the glue, soak it...


...and get glue all over their hands...
...and apply it to the bowl like this.
Then you let the yarn/glue/mess dry over night and you get crazy decorative bowls.  It worked too.  It was kinda cool  :)  I may have enjoyed it more than Kobe though.
Yes, I thought this would be a great thing to throw in the same day we were finishing the floors!




And, totally off subject, did anyone ever watch this show besides my family? We used to LOVE this show.
value="transparent">

Also, if you are wondering what is going on with Ben and I's business hop over to our Business Blog and check it out!

I have to give credit to Chris for the song I used on the last Trailer I made, I heard the song on a Blogger friend of mine's Blog and it sounded familiar, I thought I had heard it on a video CinematicBride did, but I looked through Chris' Business Blog and found it was Cinematic Impressions that I had heard the song on. So, thank you for getting the song in my head! My Bride loved it!

6 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

That doesn't look like anything I would ever do. Just way too messy!

Shelly Marie said...

WOW...that does look a little messy for me, but it would be fun. You need to show us how it turn out!!! =)

Lindsay said...

I am sure thoes bowls turned out really cool! What a fun project! Miss you guys, hope you all are doing well! Love ya

Lindsay said...

Leah your wedding videos are beautiful! You do such a great job with them and seem to get them done so quickly, which I am sure your Brides love!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I can't remember when/where in my lifetime I made one of these, but I did and it worked. Maybe art class in school?

It was hugely messy though!!

Hallie :)

Btw, love the b&w pic!

Ben said...

Yeah Leah...I love the B&W Picture too! :)