-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs

Saturday night when Ben got home we colored Easter Eggs.  We have never colored Easter Eggs the night before Easter but this week got away from us!
I also used the idea that Alyssa passed along in an email.  I added 2 ts. of baking soda to the water I boiled the eggs in and it worked!  Ben and I are not official egg blowers yet, but we get one to pop out and the rest have been really easy to peel :)

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I haven't been able to blow one like he did yet:). They are easier to peel though for sure:). Glad it helped you too!

I never thought about drying them on the cookie rack like that. Great idea! I will do that next year for sure!!

cindy said...

I love pictures of the kids dyeing eggs. Kinda takes me back a few years. Time does go fast dosen't it.
love you,
Mom

Lauren said...

Lemon juice makes the colors brighter too! The Easter Bunny filled plastic eggs this year for Michael....ran outta time to dye eggs....Love you!

gram said...

Kobe looked like he was really enjoying coloring the eggs . Leah I think you were probably thinking is it over yet; :)