-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Field Trip to the MSU Dairy Farm

Dairy Farms are not my thing.  Lets just start out by saying that.  I don't like the smell, I don't like seeing animals in their "pens", I'm just not into it.  But, I am sure the kids enjoyed a day outside the school room walls so at least that was a good thing.

Immediately I was a little nervous when they broke out these blue things to put on our feet. I kept thinking "What exactly are we going to be walking thru?"

They showed the kids how to mix up a batch of Cow feed...

...and showed them the baby cows.  They were at least cute.  Did you know that they name the girl baby cows and not the boy baby cows?  I shutter to think why that is.




They then showed the kids where the cows get milked.  



And then let them milk one.
Kobe was very excited about this.  
The kids seemed to have lots of fun petting the animals, milking a cow, eating ice cream and being out doors.  I love that they loved it, but if they ever do this field trip again it is Ben's turn to go!  :)

5 comments:

cindy said...

It looks like they had a great time!! I love going to the farm. The school is so good at doing field trips. Kids love them. I will get max's stuff together and bring him over thursday night. Thanks for helping us.
Love you,
Mom

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I can remember in high school going to a pig farm and skipping the rest of school because we smelled so bad!

gram said...

I could see Cindy going to the farm with Kobe. Looks like Kobe had a great time.

Alyssa said...

Never did I take my classes on a field trip to a place that had them wear scary blue things on their feet :) LOL That is so funny! I was more about taking my kids to theatre plays etc. :)
I am sure Kobe had a great time though! I am still smiling about the blue leggings:)

Lindsey said...

What a mom! I don't know if I would have done that....