-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wow, God is amazing!


I am sure you guys have noticed this button on the side of my blog.  If you have never clicked on it let me tell you why I have it.  Kayleigh Anne Freeman was born 3 months early and weighed 1 lb and 1 ounce.  She has a mom, dad, and other older siblings.  As you can imagine there was not much hope that she would make it, but she did.  She is now 10 months old, has been in the hospital for most if not all of her life and has gone through so much more than any of of us could imagine.
I have only been following her story for a few months now, but from what I know, right around the time she was born her family's real estate business tanked and they have been struggling ever since.
If all this wasn't enough, a week or so ago Kayleigh needed another surgery.  Everything seemed to be fine...until the Doctor came in after the surgery and said that it seems there is no brain activity in Kayleigh.
Things are not looking too hopeful, obviously if God wants to let her stay here on earth He will, but this poor family now has to make decisions that we all hope we will Never have to make.  Eventually they will have to decide whether to take her off life support or not.

My reason for blogging about this little girl is to encourage you to go see what God is doing.  Reading the posts that her parents have written are just amazing.  Their faith in God is the ONLY thing getting them through right now.
If you click on the button and go to her blog the first post you will see is from a friend of the family who begged the family to let him post about their financial needs and if you take a minute to look through the comments you will see God bringing together HIS people, and other people who are no Christians, to take care of this family in their lowest hour.  It is such an amazing thing to see so many believers band together to take care of one of there own.  It really has blessed my heart and encouraged me to help to.

I wrote earlier about "getting it".  I think that this is a major part of "getting it."  Not just monetarily but just praying for people that are in a struggle we could never imagine.  Doing what we can when we can.  I think it is time we all learned to come together and help people who NEED it.  

2 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Leah, you amaze me! You are such a giving, loving and compassionate person.

Lindsay said...

I have been following that blog too- it truly amazes me!