-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Official.

In foster care there are a lot of thing that are not "official".

I am not officially their legal mom.

I am not even officially their legal guardian.

We are not even officially their family.

But, at the ENT this week, when Kobe picked up a book, without being asked, and started reading it to our little kids just because he knew they couldn't read it for themselves, I knew it was official.

He IS their big brother. Regardless of having a paper to back it up or not.

6 comments:

the johnson crew said...

kobe is a sweetheart.

Not Just A Birth Mom said...

Its so true :) even though we never adopted any of them, my foster sisters will always be family.

Kateri said...

LOVE IT!!!

Becca B. said...

Kobe is such a great kid...I know you are so proud, and rightfully so.

Not Just A Birth Mom said...

Happy mothers day to you as well :) I hope it was a great one! Even if it wasn't all that restful... lol

gram said...

It does not seem possible Kobe is now reading to the little ones. time goes so fast.