-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

Cooking with Leah

Today I am going to do a 3 part DIY on some halloween recipes I have come across. If I manage to ruin any of these three my 3 part will become a 2 part.
So lets see what happens!

Goal: Create "Bones" out of 2 egg whites, 1/8 ts. of Cream of Tarar and 1/2 C. of Sugar


Separate the egg whites from the yolk. Put egg whites in mixer.

Now, mix the egg white and Cream or Tartar together first untill the eggs white peak up. Then, graduakky, add the 1/2 C. of sugar and mix untill that mixer peaks up nicely.


Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees. Fill a pastry bag (or large ziplock bag with a hole cut in one of the corners) with the egg white mixter and pipe out bone shapes onto a sheet cake pan lined with parchment paper(the greatest thing ever created in the baking world!). I did it very quickly and wasn't very careful and they still turned out great.

Now if you are like me (anal and a tad bit psychotic) you are getting really excited about a bunch of things all lined up and looking uniform. Now, bake "Bones" for 1 1/2 hours.


And this is how they turn out! Hard enough to pick up and kinda crunchy. Basically they taste like sugar, but they are cute!


Stay tuned, I have Spiderweb Eggs coming up next!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is so funny that you did that, but I enjoyed looking at your steps of baking...how fun! They did turn out cute, and the kids will love them!! (Chris would too:)) LOL

cindy said...

HOW cool is that!! YOU are tooooo much fun. I can't wait till tomorrow, it will be great fun.
Still don't know what I will be but I will figure it out tonight.
Love ya

Leah Wentzel said...

well I am pretty sure you said you needed that mrs. claus outfit...but you weren't talking about halloween were you?

love ya

leah