-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More than you ever wanted to know...

Well, I have been spending some of my "I'm stuck at the computer, lets play on the internet" time indulging in a new BLOG I have run across named Pioneer Woman. It is a fabulous blog, and once I figure out how to link stuff in these blogs I will "link" it so you can check in out. The reason I mention this is because she is the inspiration for this TMI blog of mine.

I guess I just need some where to vent so here goes:

(feel fortunate, I usually only do this on MYSPACE)

SO, as many of you know, we have had alot of drama surrounding my precious pet Rupert. He pees, on everything. I hate it. I am cleaning up pee spots constantly, taking him out constatly, only to have him pee on something right after he just peed out side 10 minutes after he come in. LUCKILY it has mostly been on the tile floor. By luckily I mean easy to clean up, I hate to see him pee on the new floor.

For the past 2 weeks I have been searching for a suitiable home for the little monster while still being honest and frank with everyone I have interviewed. One of the ladies I have spoken with is named Stephanie, and what a God send she has been. She was going to take Rupert, but her husband didn't want to take the chance that Ruperts behavior would not change (I know how he feels) so, anyway, about a week later she emails me to see if I had found a good home for Rupert, ect (sweet huh?) so I told her, not yet, but he would be staying with us until I did find someone.

So, this Monday rolls around. Ben and I had spoken and decided that I was going to drop him off at the Humain Society Monday. Well, I was ready, I was planning on leaving early to pick Kobe up and on the way drop off Rupert. So, I get home around 9:30am. I start freaking out, crying, picturing Rupert in one of the cages and I just can't take it. So I start searching the internet for a rescue. I cannot believe how hard it is to find one. Then I decided to go on Craig's list and email every person that has an add trying to find a yorkie for sale. I managed to inadvertently email Stephanie again (she had another listing).

She writes me back, saying that I sound like I am in a spot and she would like to help. She knew of a small dog rescue, and even went as far to call them for me and find out if they would take him. (They said yes)

The rescue is headed up by a lady named Sharon. She is a "I love animals more than people" type and is quite a peice of work. I was warned by Stephanie that Sharon might get on me for not keeping him and trying to work with him and that made me not want to call, but what choice did I have?

So this morning I call Sharon. She seems nice enough, asks me for specifics on why we need to give him up. She said a lot of things (pushed all the right buttons) that made me want to try. She went into great detail about how to re-train his bahavior, 1. obviously being GET HIM FIXED. 2. He will be spending a lot of time in his cage and only EARNING time out of his cage by going potty where he is supposed to, and also basically putting a diaper on him so if he does pee it is in the diaper, not on the floor.

So, here I am. The dog is still here (I know by now Ben is just dying reading this seeing where it is going) and I have to make an appt to get the dog fixed and go buy some dog diapers. What did I let myself get talked into?


*Note to self:
Perhaps braking news like this to Ben over the internet is not such a good idea.
Next time try sending a certified letter and then turning cell phone off


I love you Ben, thank you for not hating me :)

6 comments:

cindy said...

OH boy.............

Lindsay said...

Your way to funny!!!!! I'm glad you get to keep Rupert!

Alyssa said...

You crack us up, Leah! We hope it works out for you. We crate trained Mac, and it does work. They want to please, and have "free" time, so it makes sense.

Love you!

Leah Wentzel said...

Yes, well, Rupert has been crate trained ever since we moved into this house. he goes in there at night time and if no one is IN the house with him. BUT I hadn't done the potty training with the crate. You suggested it when we first got him (alyssa suggestd it) and I should have listened!!!

now I have a dog with a diaper on, seriously, he is wearing it right now and Kobe thinks it is hilarious (and was excited that we are keeping him, for today)

Alyssa said...

That is funny! I bet Kobe thinks that is funny. Kendra would too for sure:)!

Good luck!

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I love you Leah. You are a hoot and have a great big heart! Thanks for keeping Rupert.