-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

What in the World!?!

Last night I had youth group and Cindy usually watches Kobe for me those nights. After I picked Kobe up from Cindy's house around 8:30 pm we drove home and Kobe asked if I could try to find some Halloween games on the computer. He is in a weird mood and it had me wondering what was going on with him. We got home and got on the computer, didn't really find anything and then sat down and watched TV. Kobe was so restless and just had this miserable look on his face like he was going to cry or have a mental brake down or something and I kept asking him what was wrong. He said he didn't know what was wrong and you could tell he just couldn't get comfortable. So, right as Ben is walking in the front door Kobe gets this look on his face, unfortunately I have seen this look before. I looked at Kobe and said "Go Go Go! Get in the bathroom!" So he goes and I follow him into the bathroom and he throws up. I am sitting there thinking two things:

1. I should have cleaned the toilet today!

2. Where did this come from?!?

So, in between throwing up, Kobe is upset, a little cry-y and asks me if he has a flu bug in him and how many days he is going to have to throw up. Poor thing! Something, just didn't seem right to me, I was worried it could be the flu bug, but didn't really think it was. So, Kobe finishes throwing up (isn't this a lovely story, especially for poor Alyssa who probably doesn't need to hear anymore throw up stories!) and he goes and lays on the couch. Ben is home so he sits with Kobe and I clean the toilet because I just can't deal with that.
Anyway, Kobe seems OK for a few minutes then gets "the look" again and we rush him into the bathroom, well, he didn't have to throw up, what ever was bugging him had headed south (if you know what I mean) and so yeah.
After that, Kobe came and laid on the couch and almost immediately fell asleep. This all happened right at bed time.
So, we kept making sure he was breathing and then put him in bed. The rest of the night was completely uneventful and he never woke up. I woke him up for school this morning because from what I saw it must have been something he ate that was bothering him and I thought that I would see what happens, if he seemed fine I would take him to school, if not, no school.
I woke him up and he was a little groggy, but Ben started joking with him and suddenly he is up running around the house and wide awake and feeling fine. So I decided to take him to school. School starts at 8:15 am and it is 10:22 am and I haven't got any phone calls about him puking so hopefully everything is fine.

5 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Wow this must be the time for pukes. Lyn is home and babysitting for Caleb. Well Caleb throws up all over and Lyn starts to dry heave really bad which makes Caleb upset. I get a phone call at work and since Mom isn't home and Manda and Todd are working in Rochester I come home and clean the mess and now everyone is feeling better. I guess I was suppose to stay home today because I got all the way to work and remembered I had the car seat so I had to drive all the way home and give it to Lyn. When I got there she says she keeps smelling poo so I look around and sure enough Duff decided to wipe his you know what on the rug. I proceeded to clean that up and then went after duff, sat on him and washed his bottom. What a day! I'm glad I'm home!

Leah Wentzel said...

oh my, you had a great day too!

as far as I know kobe is still fine.

one puke and he was done (thank goodness!)

cindy said...

Oh that is so weird!!! He was fine we played outside in the barn and he got me to get my fat but in the play structure in the yard (I can only imagine what people thought when they drive by and just see my legs sticking out) That was a sight. Kobe laugh his head off! I think he has my weird humor but then the woods have their own weird humor tooooooo. I sure hope he is better. Thanks for letting my play with him. By the way we had a santa discussion.......

Lindsay said...

Awww poor Kobe! I hope he doesn't get sick anymore.... what a fun day for you Leah!

Alyssa said...

I want to know more about that Santa discussion:)!!! LOL

I am so glad he is not sick, and just threw up once. I understand the feeling:)! I have had a not too bad day here though. Praise God, just nausea today, stuff I can handle. Thank goodness!

Love you! Have a great weekend.