-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Backwards thinking in a very Forward thinking direction


Buy Handmade Video from Etsy on Vimeo.


You know what would make for a very interesting, relaxing, enjoyable Christmas? "Hand made" gifts. Now, don't worry, I have not turned fully "green" (yet) but I would love to be part of a green Christmas with a twist. I would LOVE to have a Christmas where everyone brings their own specialties to the table and gifts that to each other. Like me, for example. I could put your home movies on DVD for you (which people pay big bucks for by the way). OR I would make a video out of your Kids first Birthday pictures, you know, stuff like that. People like Grandma Corey could make us all Salsa! (Boy would everyone miss you Christmas cards with $ in them though! I better be careful what I say/suggest on here :) ) Maybe I should leave the salsa suggestion for Vicki :)

Anyway, my point is, if we used our abilities instead of our wallets to give each other gifts wouldn't that be fun and less stressful :) BUT since I have already finished 95% of my shopping I am not formally suggesting this. I just think it would be a cute idea if we all need a year off or something :)

6 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

I think it would be a cool idea, but in reality I know I am to busy to make anything. I can even get my scrapbooking done. =) Plus, I enjoy shopping!! =)

Leah Wentzel said...

lol, I do know what you mean about being busy.

gram said...

Gee, Leah I think it is a great idea. Look how much money I could save. HMMMMMM Do you actually think that would fly!!!! I love you, Gram ha ha
p.s. that would go right along with what Mark talked about that he wanted

Vicki Aeschliman said...

I think that is a great idea Leah. Mom could still give money since it's green (haha). We actually do this on the Aeschliman side. I got homemade soap last year from pat.

Ben said...

What? No spending tons of money on presents?!?!? Isn't that the whole idea behind Christmas? :)

Lindsey said...

I am sensing some sarcasm Ben...thats not very nice.
Haha