-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blueberry Muffins from Scratch

Remember the blueberries from the spiderwed eggs? Well, I had about half a bag of them left over and thought I better do something with them.


Goal: To make Blueberry Muffins using whatever I have in the house!



First I had Kobe put baking cups in the pan (because he likes to help)

Then I pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees, yes, I actually PRE-HEATED the oven, not an every day occurance in this house!

Then I sifted 2 cups of flour and 2 1/2 ts of baking powder. Put them in a bowl, added 2 Tbs. of Sugar and 3/4 Ts of salt

Gave it a little mix...


Now, cut chilled butter (1 stick) into pieces about this size

OK, now the recipe told me to use two knives and incorperate the cold butter into the flour mixture...

As you can guess, that method didn't last very long, so I pulled out my big guns and dumped my mess into my mixer, if it were a person I would have run away with it long ago.

I started with the pastery paddle

The I swited to this one because I wasn't gettin' what I was looking for from the other one.

Mix butter and flour mixer until it looks little teeny tiny little balls, kinda like this

Created a little well in your mixer

In a separate bowl mix 2 eggs ans 3/4 C. of milk. Then pour it in the little well you have created.

Mix until everything is incorperated

Time for the stars...


Fold about a cup and a half of frozen blueberries in.


Take a spoon and scoop out globs of this mess and drop them in the paper cups. You should be able to make 12 of them.


Here they all are ready for their sun tans.


Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes, check on them if you smell them.


When was the last time you saw a full, real blue berry stickin' out of a blueberry muffin? It's been a while hasn't it.


Aren't they a thing of beauty? I should worn you, these are old fashioned blue bery muffins. What do I mean by that? They aren't over loaded with sugar. They are all about the blue berries. Some recipes call for a cup of sugar, this one call for 2 table spoons. They are good though.

5 comments:

Ben said...

Where is the Sugar?!?!? :)

gram said...

They look good. I have a lot of blue berries (wild ones) in my freezer if any of you kids want some just let me know. I also have frozen raspberries if any one needs or want some. Love ya, Gram

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Leah, I would have just dumped all the ingredients minus the blueberries together and mixed. Then add the blueberries.

cindy said...

I could use one or two of those right now, maybe you can make them for Thanksgiving??????

Diego said...

My mom was looking for a nice low sugar muffin recipe and she is completely in love with this one. Great texture and you can't even tell the sugar is missing.

-Diego