-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Well, as you can see, those of us up here woke up to SNOW!

My Mom and Kobe went out and had a snowball fight after breakfast. Kobe LOVED it!




Here is Brook pretending to sleep so I can take a picture of her.

This is my Favorite picture from Thanksgiving 2007! (is Kobe's head huge lately or is it just me? :) )

Caleb spent a lot of time tempting himself with Cindy & Mark's surround sound. Those buttons were just looking too good to be true to him :)




Well, in the spirit of Thanksgiving I think I will tell you what I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful that God sent his SON to die on the cross for me. The longer I am a mother the more I understand the sacrifice that was.

2. I have been blessed with a husband that I love and is my best friend. I need that.

3. Kobe is the most amazing, important thing in my life. It is amazing how a baby can come into your life and turn it into everything it was meant to be.

4. I am thankful I have two amazing families to call mine. Ben's family and my own are full of amazing people that I am blessed to know.

5. I am thankful for a job-and for Ben's-as much as I don't care for either some days.

6. I am thankful that we have the freedom to talk about God, worship HIM openly, and tell others about what He did for us and how we can all go to heaven. I am thankful that the way to get to heaven is to accept that Jesus took care of my sins for me and that I cannot do anything to get myself to heaven-because I am sure I wouldn't make the cut.


I hope you (who ever happens to read this) is able to say they are thankful for all these things too. If you can't-I hope one day you can.

5 comments:

gram said...

I love you very much and your list makes one think that we all have so much to be thankful for and a God that is wonderful. We are so blessed. I so enjoyed spending time with the family on Thanksgiving. Love ya, Gram

Leah Wentzel said...

Grandma-

You are so amazing! I cannot believe you got up so early to find that GPS for me (us).

I really was so thankful you did that. It really shows me how much someone cares about me when they do something crazy like that for me! It really made me feel special!

Love you Gram

Shelly Marie said...

Cute Pictures!!! They sure love the snow!! Did you see the ones I put up yesterday of the kids playing in the snow??? Very cute!!! I love them!!

Lindsay said...

Great pictures Leah! Looks like you guys had a great day! I know we are thankful for thoes things and so much more!

Alyssa said...

Chris and I finally caught up today on everyone's blog. That was so nice to see you all again:). The kid's gingerbread house is so cute. We were impressed at their skills.

Snow, pretty, but we don't miss it!!! Okay, Chris says he might miss it for a couple of days, but not the shoveling, and driving, and mess:) LOL! We are glad you all are enjoying it. We will take our 60-70 degree weather:).


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. We will post some new stuff soon. We promise:). We love you all, and hope to see you soon.