-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Christmas...the final shopping frontier


Once in a while I get a little anal. It is usually when it comes to money. So, because I am so busy these days I made a list of everyone I needed to get gifts for and then next to their names I wrote down what I have bought for them so far.

Out of morbid curiousity I decided to total up how much I have spent so far, and I knew I would be surprised.

$358 so far. $20 of that was sales tax. If I counted in Ben and I's presents to each other that would be another $275.
That gives me a total of $633. Now, taking into consideration I AM NOT FINISHED YET and I HAVE NOT BOUGHT ONE THING FOR KOBE YET I am very taken back by these numbers. No, it isn't that big of a deal, but still, that is a lot of money! I think last year I spend around $1000 on Christmas gifts and trust me, I didn't mean to. That is a whole mortgage payment. More that our actual Morgage if you don't include the taxes we are paying on this place because it wasn't homesteaded by the deadline, but that is another story.

So, anyway, I would just like to encourage you all that you are not the only ones spending way more money than you thought you would and maybe by seeing this you will realize how good you are doing budgeting, unlike me :)

So Merry CHRISTMAS :)


OH, PS

This does not include the Christmas cards I will send out ($20 for cards and $20 for postage)
'tis the season...to go bankrupt :)

5 comments:

Ben said...

Are you a little bit bored?!?!? I love you! BEN

Leah Wentzel said...

um, excuse me sir? do you want me to block you from accessing this page?

I am at home making money, what are you doing!

Shelly Marie said...

Are you a little bored?? =) Hope you have a great day!!

love ya

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amanda said...

oh my gosh, i know! AND it is hard to budget because it is tough to find some gifts under $20 that aren't a waste of money half the time. Thanks for that potty training tip!