-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Why didn't anyone tell me people in Chuck E Cheese costumes freak me out?!?

Yesterday, after I did a little bit of work in the morning, I decided to let Kobe decide what we were going to do that day.  We decided to go see Ben at work and get lunch with him at Summer-set Mall and then go to Chuck E Cheese's.  
We had a great time with Ben and then headed out to Chuckie's.  When we got there we saw a group of kids having a birthday party and Chuckie was doing the little songs with them and stuff.  Kobe and I got his tokens and then went off to play.  The first thing we did was go on the "roller coaster" ride.  As we were on it Chuckie came over with his gigantic mouse head to say hi to Kobe.  I didn't see him coming and when he leaned over Kobe to say HI I kinda let out a shriek.  I was shocked how much that gigantic mouse head and body was freaking me out, I was almost praying he would leave!  Then he left, so I thought, and all the sudden his giant face was next to mine!  This was even worse!  He held his hand out for me to shake it and I was wincing the whole time, and laughing uncomfortably, then he patted me on the head, and the whole time I am trying to imagine the type of person that would be in this costume...and my imagination was not helping the situation.

Anyway, afterwards, I was very shocked at my own reaction to Chuckie, I think it would have bothered me less if I knew who was in the costume, the bad part is maybe it would have bothered me more!!! 

**Tooth Fairy update***

The Tooth Fairy successfully got Kobe's tooth without him waking up.  She left him a coupon for $10 towards the toy of his choice.  Apparently Mom and Dad had to double the TF's coupon, because we walked out of Walmart with a $20 bionical Kobe had his heart set on.


***Links to very funny stories well worth reading if you have time***



Make sure you click on the "Juice Bag Progression" link



8 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOL! You crack me up Leah! Glad Kobe and you had a fun day together! I wish we could do lunch with Matt, but I am certainly not driving a hour and a half for lunch! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah Wentzel said...

does matt drive an hour and a half away for work?

I didn't know it was that far.

Lindsay said...

Some days.... sometimes it's even farther! This week has been a "good" week as far as that for him he has been pretty close most days!

Leah Wentzel said...

that is good. ben is 45 minutes from us most days :) I don't go there too much because of that.

The other day he called me, -last wed.- and says "I'm in Ohio" so he ends up in weird places too :)

I hope you guys have so much fun (there is no doubt you will!)

love you

gram said...

Thanks Kobe for calling me and letting me know you lost a tooth. What an exciting time when the tooth fairy comes. Sounds like you really had a good tooth fairy!!! Love you , GRam, GG

Alyssa said...

Kendra is right with you, Leah! She hates those creepy dress up costumes too:) LOL

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Well Leah, Pioneer woman would never make it in the Aeschliman family.