-

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them."

Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wow, if you plant seeds they actually grow :)

I haven't done a whole lot of planting in my life and I have always assumed I am not that good with plants.  Funny how if you WATER them they GROW.  Who knew.

So, anyway, I have finally seen some of those little seeds turn into little teeny plants.  It's so cool.  I love it.

Here is the basil I planted.  I thought it was never going to show up, the parsley still has not :)
Here are the red sunflowers that I planted, they are thriving (most of them).
Here, you can't really see it, but here are the tiny little plants that are going to turn into flowers, they are doing pretty good.
So, on Saturday I planted more flowers and a few cucumber plants and 2 HUGE pumpkin plants, Ben isn't so thrilled about those.  :)

We are going to take the area we ripped the bushes out of (underneath the family room window) and we are going to turn it into a little garden for me.  We will see how that goes.  If it doesn't go so good with vegetables we just convert it into a flower garden.

5 comments:

Vicki Aeschliman said...

If you need any tips dave is a farmer

Lindsay said...

It looks like you are doing a great job! How fun! What are you guys up to today? Miss you!

Leah Wentzel said...

Today was grandparents day at Kobe's school :)

he was so excited to have his grandparents there and he got to come home early.

is was fun :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a special day for him! :)

gram said...

yOU ARE BECOMING A FARMER. GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING PLANTS.